I am the kind of person who loves to clean the house. It is like a form of meditation for me. Now, that isn’t how the rest of my family rolls. Even the cleanest person skips over somethings. According to ApartmentTherapy, there are 7 common things that most of us avoid when we are picking up.
- Kitchen counters: This is one area I am guilt of. I have been accused of loving flat surfaces. Yes, I avoid clearing off my mess, which is in the form of stacks. Come to my office, you will see I have the same problem.
- Cleaning inside drawers: have you ever looked in the utensil tray, under the towels in the kitchen drawer, under the pots and pans? Chances are, no. You may want to…dear God! You will be oobed.
- Dusting bookshelves: Sure, no one sees the books higher up, but the lip that the books sit is one place you can see when the light hits it the wrong way…and yes, it contributes to your allergies.
- Dusting, in general: In my house, my kids do chores and this one probably tops the list. Every week I hear “oops, I forgot”
- Cleaning under the furniture: Sorry to say, I am not guilty of this. I am the guy who lifts up the chairs and moves the couch when I vacuum. My son…well…his room should be an dead giveaway
- Cleaning cushions and upholstery: Honestly, if you have allergies, this is a good habit, thought oft forgotten.
- Cleaning under the sinks in the kitchen and bathroom: I have found many items that I forgot we had, even leaks, but it is disgusting, normally.
I am sure we all have more places that we don’t like to clean and put it off until never. (like my hatred of cleaning the showers).